-
March 22nd, 2003, 06:04 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Oh my god, I was watching the news earlier
and found out 4 soldiers from the 3rd infantry division from Fort Stewart, Georgia
were killed when their 2 hum-v's were hit by Iraq's missles. There were 2 soldiers in one hum-v and 2 in the other, and both were hit.
I just hope and pray it wasn't any of my friends. I have like 11 friends that are over there fighting. I am really close to them, and they are like family, like brothers to me. I just hope it wasn't any of them. The news has not told their names yet, due to informing the families first. I have no idea if it was them yet or not. I hope not though. This war is getting worse and worse. I hate this shit.
<font color="#0000FF" size="1">[ March 22, 2003 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Genie! ]</font>
-
March 23rd, 2003, 10:48 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Well Genie I hope the people you know and are close to weren't the ones killed. So you can go back to being gung ho about the war.
<font color="#0000FF" size="1">[ March 23, 2003 06:50 PM: Message edited by: rotten ]</font>
-
March 24th, 2003, 02:09 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Rotten, I'm not "war gung ho", I have said all along that this scares me as much as anyone, and I don't like war. All I said was, I do support Bush. I'm not war gung ho. You can go back and read my posts again on the George W. thread to see how I feel about war, and it's anything but gung ho. I hate that we have to be at war, but if that's what it is going to take to run Saddam out, then I hate it, but I'm not the one that has to make those deciions.
I have been watching the news non-stop. Here is the latest I have seen. The 4 soldiers involved in the hum-v accidents, were not actualy killed. They were injured and checked out and once they were said to be ok, they went back out to fight.
NOW...there are 11 soldiers who have become P.O.W's and I'm sure all of you who have been watching the news have seen where there is a video tape out of some of the soldiers being shot execution style. This is all so wrong and terrible.
I still have not heard anything. I just hope and pray all my friends are safe and well and they will get to come home soon. I hope peace comes to all of us soon and all our troops will come home safely. I wish all the peace and love to those who have already lost members of their families in this war. I pray God be with them.
<font color="#0000FF" size="1">[ March 23, 2003 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Genie! ]</font>
-
March 24th, 2003, 06:30 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Well genie that came out wrong it actually was in reaction to reading so many things people are saying both pro war and against that piss me off. In other forums.. so i do apologize.
I just think people who say "we have to go to war its what we have to do" but we doesn't include anyone they know.. etc. Well those types should shut up.. i try to block out most people's opinions cus its just getting too much. If you weren't saying that thats a lot different. But no senators son is out there which for me is endlessly ironic how they're so for this shit. And even the ones who are in the military are in positions where they wont see action.
NONe are in the marines..
-
March 24th, 2003, 10:37 AM
#5
Inactive Member
would be interesting to see what would happen if that were a law... that inorder to have a war... there must be one imediate family member of the president who must fight in the frontlines.... i know thats not realistic at all but i'm sure if that were the case it would make them think that much harder if war is actually a good idea or not.... and it would prob only be used in extreme cases.... and i was wonderin about somethin else... i know there are polls all the time about what percentage of the country is for war or against it... but what if there were an actual vote?.... would be kinda cool to really let the people decide if the country should go to war or not.... thats not realistic either but it would be interesting to see the outcome
-
March 24th, 2003, 10:41 AM
#6
Inactive Member
It's ok Rotten I know what you mean. You mean like how George W. and all the senators say we need to go to war and support war but they don't have any family members or sons or daughters or close friends over there who they know personaly?? I think that's a little ironic as well. It's almost like I feel like they are saying, "yeah we muct do this" and yes we are doing it, but they don't have anyone personal close to them that they have to lose.
ALSO, something that kinda bugged me last night, that I thought was wrong was I think, Im NOT sure, but I believe it was CNN or Fox news network that they called a mother up on the phone live, whos son was captured and had become and American soldier P.O.W, and she was upset and crying, I don't think news networks should do that. I don't think that they should broadcast that. I mean this mother was very upset and crying. That's just wrong.
I still haven't heard any word. I'm waiting for the Fort Stewart newspaper to come out today so i can get it and check yet if they have said which soldiers from here have been captured or whatever. Even though I know there is no possible way they have access to a computer right now, and they are on their way to Bagdad, I have emailed all my friends over there. Every once in a while before the war really took off and got started they would email every once in awhile when they weren't busy.
I'm asking you all to keep my friends and our troops in your prayers.
Please keep Harlan Wallner and David Ezell in your prayers. That's my two closest friends out of all my friends, that are over there fighting.
I have some emails that I will put up in case anyone is interested or wants to help.
<font color="#0000FF" size="1">[ March 24, 2003 06:43 AM: Message edited by: Genie! ]</font>
-
March 25th, 2003, 06:17 AM
#7
HB Forum Owner
Xscuse me! but, if we bombed the shit out of the place, where are these guys shooting exacution style??
if we already bombed their major shit, shouldnt they NOT be a threat anymore??
cant we just come home now???
-
March 25th, 2003, 05:46 PM
#8
Inactive Member
mel thats actually a misconception a lot of people have about war. Its also why so many say 'lets bomb them and get out of there'. The iraqi's arent dumb just like we prepare for war and defense they do too. And the reason we need ground troops in is they know war would be fought largely by us dropping bombs. So they have a lot of things underground and also they are in civilian populations.
Its not like the movies and its a lot more involved than a lot of people think. Im surprised so many think with the bombing we've done this will be over in a few weeks. Its not going to be. Do you really think they'd have no place to take anyone to shoot them?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks